TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PLACE NO PAY
- Prospective first year students who have applied to attend a University or a Higher Education Institution in any of the cities in which Essential Student Living operates, and who book a room with Essential Student Living, will be allowed to be released from their Tenancy Agreement if, as a result of not achieving the required A-Level, Scottish Higher (or equivalent) results, they do not gain a place at their chosen university and evidence is provided.
- Only new customers who have never lived at a Essential Student Living property are eligible.
- If a customer does not gain a place at their chosen University or College and wishes to be released from their Tenancy Agreement, they must provide Essential Student Living with evidence of their rejection and evidence of the reason why (proof of results achieved etc) no later than 3 working days after their results day.
- Evidence can be a written rejection letter from the University/College/UCAS, or a screen shot of the customer’s UCAS status along with the results etc. This can be emailed to [email protected] or posted to Homes for Students, Clock Tower Park, Longmoor Lane, Fazakerley, Liverpool, L10 1LD.
- Customers who do not apply to be released from their Tenancy Agreement within this timescale and provide the correct evidence will be bound by the terms and conditions set out in the Tenancy Agreement.
NO VISA NO PAY
- Prospective international students who have applied to attend a University or a Higher Education Institution in any of the cities in which Essential Student Living operates, and who book a room with Essential Student Living, will be allowed to be released from their Tenancy Agreement if they do not receive the entry Visa they require for their study in the UK and evidence is provided.
- Only new customers who have never lived at a Essential Student Living property are eligible.
- If a customer does not receive the entry Visa they require for their study in the UK and wishes to be released from their Tenancy Agreement, they must provide Essential Student Living with evidence of their refusal of entry to the UK to study no later than 7 days after notification of their refusal.
- Evidence can be a copy of the letter from the Home Office, UK Visas and Immigration service or other official Visa issuing body as well as a letter from the university, sponsor or institution where they were supposed to be studying. It must clearly show the student’s full name, address and date of issue. This can be emailed to [email protected] or posted to Homes for Students, 3 Clock Tower Park, Longmoor Lane, Fazakerley, Liverpool, L10 1LD.
- Customers who do not apply to be released from their Tenancy Agreement within this timescale will be bound by the terms and conditions set out in the Tenancy Agreement.
Our full termination policy is detailed for you within the booking section of our website. Please read it carefully and ensure that you fully understand it.
You can cancel your booking up to 14 days after you accept your offer or pay your deposit (the Initial Cancellation Period), which reduces to 7 days from 1st August ahead of the academic year being booked, providing you have not already moved in to the property and we will refund your security deposit in full. Deposits will normally be refunded within 28 working days of cancellation, however our legal obligation as a landlord is to secure all deposits with a third party protection scheme. In the event that your deposit has already been sent to the protection scheme by the time you cancel your booking, your refund could take up to 60 days to be refunded due to the protection scheme’s processing period and your deposit refund will come directly from them – you will need your repayment ID which will be sent to you directly by the protection scheme. If the deposit has already been sent to the deposit protection scheme, unfortunately, we are unable to influence their processing time.
If you cancel your booking after the 14 day Initial Cancellation Period (7 days after 1st August), you will remain liable for the weekly rent (for each and every week or part week) until we are able to re-let the room. If we are able to re-let the room we will release you from the agreement upon payment of a £250 release fee which we will recover by retaining your deposit (which will not, therefore, be returned). If you have paid a lower deposit amount, that’s the amount that will be retained.
Extended cancellation policy (21-22 academic year bookings):
Some properties have an extended flexible cancellation period for 21-22 academic year bookings, as per the lists below. Properties that appear in this list will allow cancellation of your booking up to 31st May 2021 for any reason without penalty, and we will refund your security deposit in full as outlined in the standard cancellation terms.
- This applies to any tenancy length for 21-22 academic year bookings only. For the avoidance of doubt, it does not apply to any bookings for accommodation during the 20-21 academic year or summer 2021 period.
- You must notify us in writing (including email) no later than 23:59:59 on 31/05/2021. After this date, the standard cancellation terms apply.
- This promotion is in addition to our standard cancellation terms which continue unaffected.
- This promotion only applies to bookings made directly with us or through an agent and does not apply to bookings made via universities or other institutions as part of a nominations or referral agreement unless expressly specified.
- Cancelling your booking using this promotion invalidates any other promotion you may have been eligible for, including but not limited to any prize draws, cashbacks or referral incentives.
- Existing customers must be up to date with payments due on their account to be eligible for this promotion.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or change this promotion at any time, and the new terms in place will then apply to bookings made after any amendment.
Students who make a booking at the following properties before 31/05/2021 can benefit from this extended cancellation policy:
- Apollo House
DEFERRED PAYMENT POLICY
Rent is due 14 days before the contract start date if paying in instalments or on 1st August before the contract start date if paying in full in a single instalment, and rent must be paid before a student can move in to the property. It is very important that students communicate any difficulties meeting this obligation to the Property Manager as early as possible to prevent any issues.
If agreed by the Property Manager*, and providing the correct supporting evidence is supplied, students may be allowed to defer the first payment of rent to fit in with student loan schedules, for example.
If agreed, a minimum of 2 weeks’ rent* must be paid before the student moves in and any deferment of rent is subject to an admin fee of £50 to set up the deferred payment schedule which will also need to be paid before the student moves in.
* To defer payment for Brayford Quay in Lincoln, a minimum of 4 weeks rent is required. This is payable before the student moves in.
Students who rebook their room are able to have their deposits transferred from one year to the next within the Deposit Protection Service. For more information please contact the Sales Team on +44 (0)330 057 4431.
REFER A FRIEND T&CS
If you refer a friend to a Essential Student Living property you may receive vouchers, discount, or cashback as specified.
- The refer a friend offer will only be valid on certain properties, as advertised from time to time.
- Students must refer a friend who books at a Essential Student Living property.
- The name of the referring friend must be added in the application at the time of booking and the refer a friend offer cannot be applied retrospectively.
- The referring student must already have an accepted booking or a current tenancy with Essential Student Living.
- Referring students who are in rent arrears or who are in breach of an existing tenancy are not eligible for this refer a friend offer.
- The referring student will only receive the incentive when the referred student has checked in to the property and paid at least the first instalment of rent.
- Excludes bookings made via a nominations agreement, other referral agreement or via an agent.
- If the referred student has already been referred by another person, the first referral is valid.
- Only valid for bookings at least 35 weeks in length.
- There is no limit to the number of students who can be referred, subject to availability, and Essential Student Living reserve the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time without notice.
- We reserve the right to limit, change or suspend this offer to prevent abuse, and if we suspect abuse, we reserve the right to suspend the referring student from the offer.
- The tenant must have a valid tenancy agreement of thirty (30) weeks or more (unless stated otherwise) and have paid the rent due under the tenancy agreement, without any outstanding rent or other sums due to us or the landlord.
- Withdrawal from the tenancy agreement at any point, invalidates all promotions and/or offers and any promotional credit paid, or value of goods given, may be recovered either through cash repayment or from the tenant’s deposit.
- For a promotion, offer or other incentive to be valid, the tenant must have complied with all obligations set out in the tenancy agreement or otherwise.
- In order for a promotion, offer or other incentive to be claimed, the relevant and correct promotional code must be entered, by the tenant, at the time of booking by either entering the code online or submitting the code to an authorised Homes for Students (“HFS”), Prestige Student Living (“PSL”), Essential Student Living (“ESL”), Urban Student Life (“USL”) and/or UKStudenthouses.com (“UKSH”) employee, who is taking the booking. HFS, PSL, ESL, USL and UKSH, as well as any other trading name or brand of HFS shall hereby be collectively referred to as HFS. A code submitted after this time will not be valid. ESL accepts no responsibility for codes not received by us.
- If a promotion, offer or other incentive has been claimed and includes the payment of cashback or some other form of financial payment, it is the tenant’s responsibility to ensure the correct payment information is provided to ESL in order for ESL to complete the promotion, offer or other incentive and ESL has no liability for non-payment or non-delivery of any incentive, promotion and/or offer due to incorrect details being provided by the tenant. Payment of any discount, rent reduction or other sum will only be attempted once. Any such payments sent to the incorrect bank account will not be recoverable and/or will be subject to a recovery fee.
- Promotions, offers, or other incentives are non-transferable.
- Goods and vouchers issued by ESL have no value, are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or anything else.
- The time between correctly accepting any promotion, offer or other incentive and it being credited to your account and/or delivered may vary. ESL shall not be liable for any delays in this regard or for any consequences of any delays, which may occur.
- Promotions, offers and/or incentives cannot be used in conjunction with any promotion, offer and/or other incentive. Attempting to use multiple promotions, offers and/or incentives can result in all promotions, offers and/or incentives being withdrawn.
- All promotions, offers and/or incentives are subject to availability and ESL has total discretion as to whether to honour a promotion, offer and/or incentive or not.
- ESL reserves the right to amend the Terms, the parameters of any promotion, offer and/or incentive or to discontinue any and all promotions, offers and/or incentives at any time, without notice.
- Claiming any promotion, offer and/or incentive implies acceptance of the Terms.
- Certain promotions, offers and/or incentives are unavailable at certain properties.
- ESL has sole discretion to withhold the payment and/or delivery of any promotion, offer and/or incentive if the Terms have not been complied with, or for any other reason.
SUMMER & SHORT TERM BOOKINGS
A summer booking is defined as any booking starting and ending between the 1st June 2020 and 30th September 2020 (inclusive), outside of the normal academic year allocations and pricing structure operated by Essential Student Living, Homes for Students or Prestige Student Living.
Anyone booking a short stay at an Essential Student Living, Homes for Students, Prestige Student Living property during the summer period can save up to 20% on our standard pricing.
- 0-4 week stay – Standard Summer Pricing
- 4-6 week stay – Save 10%
- 6 weeks+ – Save 20%
Current students (extending their stay at a Essential Student Living, Homes for Students or Prestige Student Living property) can save up to 33% (based on our standard pricing) when booking 6 weeks inclusively at their property. Ask a member of the team for more information.
0-6 weeks extension – Save 10% 6+ weeks extension – Save 33%
These summer prices do not include any other incentives or promotions which may or may not be offered separately, and availability can be confirmed by the property teams on enquiry.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGES
The photography/images used to advertise a property on our website are typical of that property. Individual rooms may vary in layout and content may vary in layout and the contents within the rooms.
For new properties that are under construction, computer-generated images (CGI) may be used to represent what the property will look like when it is completed.
The furnishings shown in photography, images and videos may not always be representative of what is included in the rooms.
If you require more information about a property, please contact us.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Essential Student Living do not accept responsibility for any errors or incorrect information shown on any website that is not owned and operated by Homes for Students Ltd and as such, are not bound to honour any rates or information displayed on a third party website or social media where it differs from that shown on our own websites.
T&CS FOR DETAILS OF CONTENTS INSURANCE POLICY PROVIDED BY ENDSLEIGH INSURANCE
Confirm your FREE contents insurance
Your contents. Covered.
By partnering with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider, we’ve arranged contents insurance for all our students staying with us in our residence at no cost to you. It is important all students confirm their cover to ensure you understand what is and isn’t covered. Plus you’ll also be entered into a prize draw specifically for Homes for Student residents, courtesy of Endsleigh!
Visit confirm your cover to see:
- What is and what isn’t covered
- Key exclusions – where cover isn’t provided
- Policy excess – the amount you pay when you make a claim
- How to make claim
- Personalise cover
We understand students have a limited budget so Endsleigh have launched brand new, unique student insurance options. They have been designed to cover the risks that you may encounter whilst living in student accommodation and away from home.
Available at the below properties only